So we are back from the best time of my life. It went by so quickly, but I'm happy to be back too (I missed Peanut so badly). The travel there and back was exhausting, but well worth it. Yesterday we were up for 24 hours because of the 3 flights and the time difference. We slept well last night and Jeff went into work early since he was awake so early. We wrote down the best parts of each day and will probably post them little by little. For anyone that wants to see all of the pictures, let us know. We are posting them out on Picasa which is a website that I absolutely love that stores back up of your pics that you can share. You can view our pictures without downloading them or anything. Every single time I've tried to upload them, it crashes our computer (since we have 800 pictures!), so once Jeff gets home from work and can help me (someone who isn't computer illiterate)....I'll send them out.
For now, the best parts were- The hotel room in Barcelona, The Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, the Blue Grotto in Valetta, Malta, Pompeii, in Naples, driving up on the Coliseum in Rome, the entire day in Tuscany (best day of my life), the ocean in Cannes, France, the weather in general, the food on the cruise ship, and having no schedule/nothing I had to do/no phones to answer/no email to check/no work to go to, and of course spending time with my wonderful husband.
Worst parts were- missing Bonnie's graduation, the travel time, the terrible exchange rate from US to Euros, a service charge of 12 per day per person being added to our cruise bill that we didn't know about (mandatory tips), missing my Peanut, the last night at sea (I almost got sick it was so rough), and the heat on some of the excursions.
Best quotes of the trip: "Man, don't ever buy a Grundig." and "Yeah, it's a VISA"- had to be there.
1 comment:
Oh, that SOUNDS AWESOME! It makes me want to book a European trip right now :) . The fact that I am sitting here in a sweatshirt on the first official day of summer doesn't help either!
Anyway, we are so glad you are back safely. Thank you for letting us use your very nice SUV. We got to see Peanut a little while you were away and she seemed to miss you. We gave her love on her birthday and she was really attached to my mom.
I can't wait to see all the pictures. Just the mention of the places sounds amazing. Sorry Picasa is being a pain in the butt. Back to crashing computers, ringing phones and such :). Welcome home!
Post a Comment