Friday we loaded up my SUV and drove to Carlisle to set up a yard sale at Georgia's house. We had about a table full of odds and ends, clothes, desk, vacuum, etc. Georgia on the other hand had an entire house full of things to sell. Jeff and Johnny got a workout bringing it all up from the basement on Friday night. We were at Georgia's until 11:30 Friday night and I was back at 7:45 Saturday to help with the yard sale. It went well, but not as well as we thought. We ended up taking two trips to the Salvation Army after the yard sale and just purging anything that didn't sell. Georgia said it was a good start for her. Us on the other hand...we practically went shopping in Georgia's stuff. We took a serving plate, meatloaf pan, Halloween decorations, Christmas tree stand, microwave (for Jeff's work), and a few of my dresses that Bonnie had. We also took some big ticket items to my uncle's to sell on eBay (saxophone/chandelier).
Sunday was the Hanover Chili cook off. We met Rachel and Preston at 10:30 and carpooled to Hanover. It was a perfect day. Sunny, good music, good company, good chili. They said there were 50 stands there. I think we tried most of them too. I bought the BEST shirt too. The front says BASH Club and the back says "Baltimore Assoc. of Steeler Haters." I love it and I can't wait to wear it to work on casual Friday and make all the Steeler fans in my office hate me.
We were home by 3:30 and had to get our game faces on for Jeff's fantasy football draft. He was nice enough to let me in the league this year. I thought I did a good job, until I look at Jeff's team. His team makes me feel like I did a terrible job. Luckily the computer set the divisions and we are in opposite divisions. I only have to play him once that way. I was most surprised by some of Jeff's dad's picks and I was surprised that quarterbacks went so early, but fantasy football is hard to predict.
Jeff's coworker gave us free tickets to Hershey Park, so we couldn't let them go to waste. We went last year on labor day too and it wasn't crowded, so we thought today would be a good day to go. We woke up and saw it was cold and cloudy. I couldn't decide if that was going to be good b/c it meant that less people would be there, or bad b/c it could rain and some of the rides would close. We arrived around 10:15 and only stayed until 3:30. We were able to ride 12 rides, eat lunch, and feed ducks in that short amount of time. The longest line was 35 minutes and that was the newest roller coaster in the park. I think we will make this a tradition since it worked out so well both years.
Busy weekend and I'm very tired. That's not how I like to start a work week, but at least it's a short week.
1 comment:
Holy cow - you guys might as well have ran a marathon! I heard all about the yard sale from my mom a couple days ago. Thank you so much for helping her with it. I know it meant a lot to her. She told me about Jeff and Johnny playing "Worms" inside the house the whole time. Nice....;)
Anyway, glad to hear you are having fun and all is well! Thanks for the update. It's always good to hear from you. Love ya!
Post a Comment