Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Almost a month...

It's been about a month and I still haven't posted anything meaningful yet so I guess I'll give it a try. Nichole was out of town auditing up in Williamsport, PA from 10/8 to 10/12 and 10/14-10/19. She came back over the weekends so that was nice. The first weekend that she was back we had a bunch of her co-workers over for a cookout/party. People came over from around 3 and stayed as late as 11. The celebration was for one of her co-workers, Meghan, for just passing all the CPA exams. In case you are wondering, Nichole received results from her 3rd CPA exam...she passed scoring a 92! That was the "Audit" section so I guess it is a good thing that she scored so high since she is an auditor. Right now she is studying for her 4th and final test, "financial". The great part about her being on her last exam is that she has 3 or 4 testing windows to pass the exam before she loses the first exam that she passed. (You have to pass all 4 CPA exams within 1.5 years; or at least that's my understanding.) Anyway, looks like she might try to take the exam before Thanksgiving so here's hoping she can get through all the studying in time to feel prepared!

Last weekend we hung out with friends at our place and just took it easy. I watched the Ravens lose to another bad team (the Bills) so that was frustrating. Other than that, I haven't been up to a whole lot. When Nichole is gone I just chill with Peanut, we watch our favorite shows together, "cook" dinner, surf the internet (read all about sports and stocks), and I have been doing some studying for the CFA Level II which will take place in June 2008. It might also impress you to know that I'm a level 40 in Halo 3 ranked solo matches, a level 25 in 2v2s, and a level 25 in 4v4s...hmm, well I guess you know what I've been up to when Nichole's not around. Since I haven't played at all since this time last year, I thought I would try to get some games in before my studies pick up for the Level II exam......arg.


A lot is going on at my job. I received a raise and job title promotion in August! I'm no longer a "junior investment analyst trainee" ---> now I am just a "junior investment analyst." A lot of staff has left or is leaving in the near future so I'll have to adjust to a new crew. The asset class I work in will be undergoing a lot of changes and I'll really miss the people that are leaving. They really helped me and always took time to hear out my thoughts. Nichole is doing just fine at her job and she received a raise this month....our plan is to just keep on saving......


So there is an update on us. As you probably know, Nichole and I already started Christmas shopping so I hope you told us what you want! If you didn't let us know, it might be too late! If we already got you something, it's already wrapped!

4 comments:

Becky and Jimmy said...

Hey guys -
I love the update. Great pictures too! Congrats Nichole on all your accomplishments at work. Lots of love - Becky

Sally said...

Hey Jeff and Nichole-

YEA for the pictures and the update. I LOVE IT! You guys look GREAT. Mom saw the post, too. I haven't been able to check blogs and such for a week because I was so busy planning our ward's Halloween activity party - about 200 people showed up! Yikes! I got your message, but have been scrambling until today. We can figure out Christmas whenever you want. You guys can even take the lead this year if you started shopping. If you already bought for someone in the family, let me know. I loved hearing about everything. Katie just woke up, so I have to run, but keep the updates coming! :)
-Sally

Anonymous said...

great to get some news on you folks. Aunt Sandi & I are still in Henderson NV. all the best, uncle lane

Jeff and Nichole Burton said...

Thanks for checking out the blog guys! Good to hear from all of you~