I can't believe we haven't posted since Paris!
Christmas was good, but a little lonely at the Burton house. Sally and company didn't come home (can't blame them), Johnny was in Utah, and Becky/Jimmy were living it up in Hawaii. It's odd to come from such a big family and have most of them gone at Christmas. I felt a little bad for Bonnie, but she didn't seem to mind. She got a really great camera from her mom/dad so maybe that helped. Jeff got me digital picture frames which was definitely my favorite present. My favorite present to give was a digital camera for my mom and the planet earth dvds for my dad.
The day after Christmas I had to go to Endicott/Felchar, NY and Williamsport, PA to do inventories for Shop Vac. I left at 6:30am so I was more than tired. I was done by Thursday night and then had an entire week off to do absolutely nothing. I love that kind of vacation every once in a while.
I went to the auto show at the Farm Show Complex with my brother and Pappy Jim because I'm looking for a new car. I was able to narrow it down: Chevy Malibu, Saturn Aura, Saturn Vue, Honda CRV, and Nissan Altima. I thought I would like the Honda Accord, Pontiac G6, and the Toyota Camery, but I actually didn't. My knees felt weak when we walked through the BMWs, Acuras, Lexus, Mercedes, and Audi, but that's just a "little" out of our price range. I plan on test driving them in March/April and look for the best deal. It is such a hard decision because I've never had a new car and everything seems great to me.
January was a rough month. Jeff was been busy at work and I'm working 8-6:30 lately, so we have both been very tired at night and on the weekend. I'm trying to do a lot around the house so Jeff doesn't have to and can study, but it doesn't seem to be helping him want to study. He stays at work late on Mondays to study, but other than that it's just an hour here and there. Hopefully he starts soon or he will regret it in a few months when he has to study non stop for a month straight.
Quick update on the many shows I am now able to watch... Monday, American Gladiators...Tuesday, House and Biggest Loser...Wednesdays, Deal or No Deal or American Idol (not much on)...Thursdays, The Office and CSI LV (whenever it comes back on). I also try to catch Brothers and Sisters on Sundays, but it comes on at 10 and I'm usually wiped out by then.
I have been thinking about joining a gym now that I have all this free time, but I want to make sure I would actually go before I shell out any money. I will be out of town to audit Shop Vac for the next 3 weeks, so I'm going to try the hotel gym and see what I think about working out after work. I am hoping it will actually give me more energy if I get up and do something rather than sit around and feel tired. We'll see.
Gotta go, House is on soon.
2 comments:
Ahhhhh...a lifestyle with no kids :). I know - the grass is always greener, but hey...it's sounds like you guys had a nice January and Christmas (despite all the work. I'm so glad you;ve been able to relax after the CPA. You deserve it!
BTW, I'm asking Greg for a digital picture frame for v-day - any suggestions on what you like/don't? Jeff told me you guys were scouting cars - that's SO fun! I hope you find one you LOVE! Thanks for posting. It's fun to catch up.
I love reading your blog. And I too cannot imagine a lifestyle without kids by age 24... I had two adorable little ones by then... but I love it that you guys have been able to travel and go on with your exams and careers...WAY TO GO MY NICHOLE...I am so proud of you passing your exams....you studied so hard for them. You are not only beautiful but smart too.. but we all knew that already (right Jeff?)
and besides already being a g-ma would only make me realize I am getting older anyhow... not that I won't love it and cherish it when it does happen with you guys.
And Nichole I love the camera (I used it in Denver but haven't downloaded the pics yet; (one electronic thing at a time) and I so appreciate you getting it for me. Christmas is always fun with you guys there.
Keep on posting more ok...it is fun to read.
Post a Comment