
So we went to Boise, ID from July 3rd-July9th. Sally has a beautiful house which makes me want to build a house now. We did a lot while we were there: had fireworks, went to the pool, boonedocks (sp?), rented movies, went to the infamous Pug party, saw the pixar movie Wall-E, played games, went to the parks including the pirate park, got ice
cream, and ate a ton of food. Sally and Greg took us to the Cheesecake Factory for our anniversary dinner too. I love cheesecake and the dinner was great too. Although I think Jeff's favorite thing we ate while we were there was Sally's éclair cake. He ate all of it the first time she made it, so she had to make it again. I think Greg was thrilled that Sally had a reason to make it! Ethan has more energy than he knows what to do with! He just goes and goes all day long and I don't know how Sally matches his energy, but she seems to. Katie is adorable! She is so cute and such a good baby. She is just so happy all of the time! Jeff is a little less nervous around her now that she is one. It seems to be infants that make him doubt his ability to be a father. He's great with Ethan though. Anyway, it was a great trip and I'm excited that after seven or so years that Sally has lived in Idaho, Jeff was finally able to go see Sally and family. I think he understands now why I think it is so important to live near your family. I think he misses his sister more than he realizes until we have trips like that to remind him what he is missing out on.
Trips like that also kick start Jeff's ability to help me around the house. Since we've been home I've had help with the laundry and he actually went to the grocery store (and bought a months worth of groceries, I think). I think he saw how much Sally does to keep the house in order and keep up on everything and it inspired him. I've had to work a little later the past two weeks, so he's been walking Peanut after work, getting the mail, paying the bills. It's nice to be a part of a functioning team rather than carrying the load because of his stupid CFA exams! Whatever the reason for the change, I welcome it.
2 comments:
Thanks for all the nice comments, Nichole. It was SO fun to have you guys here and I still need to post more pictures of it - you took some darling ones! I'm glad you guys had a nice time. I was telling everyone at church that Sunday the same thing you wrote about. Just that I miss being with family when I see family. So, I guess that's why I decided to come visit again! I just can't stand being away for another few months :).
I'm glad Jeff is helping around the house. It really helps to take the weight off and it's great to have that teamwork in place. I got a good one in that respect and you guys did, too. You make a great couple and we were so honored that you shared your anniversary with us. I'll see you again soon!
That last post was me, Sally. I didn't realize I was logged in as Greg :).
Post a Comment