Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So tired...

This is Nichole...so we are the worst bloggers ever! I had to call Jeff because I didn't even remember the password to log in! Anyway, I just found out this week that I have been promoted to a senior associate at my job. That means I have to run the day to day and be the go between with the staff, managers, clients, partners, etc. I guess I should be excited, but really I'm just thinking about how much extra work it will be and how much more accountable I feel now. I start my first "senioring" job in July, so we'll see how stressed I actually get. Jeff is in Delaware right now on another business trip. I don't mind him traveling actually, but Peanut hates it. She sits at the top of the steps for a good 1/2 hour before coming to bed. She doesn't like when one of us isn't there. I think it's because she likes to be smashed in between us at night and it's just not the same with only me.

So Jeff isn't too confident about his test. He just took the Level II CFA exam a few weekends ago and is hoping for a drastic curve at this point. I think he is underestimating himself, but I'm not going to say the traditional "Oh, don't worry....you passed....you're smart...you always pass." I always hated that when I was taking my CPA exams. Like so many idiots are sitting for the CFA or the CPA??? Every person taking the damn test is smart....like that gets everyone through it? When he went through everything he thought he got right and everything he knew he got wrong, I came to the conclusion that I think it will be close... but I think it will be enough. Time will tell. I'm counting down the days till I can apply for my actual license. You need 3200 chargeable hours of experience to qualify for a CPA and I calculated that I have around 3050, so by the end of July, I think I will apply. I don't know why, but I just really want to put ,CPA after my name in my email. I guess that's my validation.

So I have been BUSY lately. I think it started the last week in April and it just ended last weekend. I had a baby shower to help plan, a bridal shower to go to, a bridal shower to plan, a formal event for my job, I went to training in Florida for a week, a vacation to book, 2 bachelorette parties to plan and host, mother's day cards, father's day cards, Pap's Birthday, Peanut's Birthday, help with Rachel's wedding things, write a speech for Rachel's wedding, etc. Just crazy times. Jeff has been traveling a lot and had his exam and is now trying to ease back into normal life. He's fixing our finances lately. We overpay for a lot of things: car insurance, phone, cable. He's also making a killing in the market! Not that we have much in, but he's definitely making the right calls with what we do have in. Gotta love him for that.

So we go to Boise July 3rd to see Sally's clan. I'm excited to see everyone (including Baxter) and the new house, but really I want to see Katie the most. Everyone knows I really want a baby girl, so I'll have to get my fix for now with Katie. I like the vacations Jeff and I have been taking (cruise in Mexico, Paris, Cancun, etc.), but sometimes you just need a vacation to relax and I'm hoping this can be that vacation for me. We then go down to Las Vegas to see Johnny win the world series of Poker, I mean play in the world series of poker. I love heat, but I'm not too sure about Las Vegas July heat. I'm sure this is something Johnny will remember all of his life and tell his grandkids about, so I'm excited to be a part of that. Apparently, he already won tons of money there last week, so hopefully he's on a lucky spurt. I'm going to miss my Peanut while we are away, but she will be spoiled while we are gone. Well gotta go for now...

1 comment:

Sally said...

So glad you posted, Nichole! Congrats on the promotion. It does sound like a lot of work, but if anyone can handle it, it's you! Thank goodness you're getting close to the billable hours to apply for your license. It's been a LONG road and I'm sure it's nice to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. It sounds like you have been SUPER busy. Holy cow - that is a lot of showers and weddings! I'm helping to throw 2 baby showers right now, so I kinda* know the feeling, but I don't do near the traveling you do.

Ethan is SO SO SOOOOOOOOO excited for you guys to come out. Every day he looks at the calendar and tells me that "when it is a new picture Jeff and Nichole will come." Then, the past few nights, he's said - just out of the blue "Mommy, I'm so excited Jeff and Nichole are coming!" He talks all about what he wants to do with you guys. You may get more attention than you want! :) We hope you'll have fun! We can't wait to see you! Take care until then!