Sunday, February 22, 2009

Laurie Lovelace

My brother's wife, Laurie Lovelace, passed away on Sunday February 15th. Her funeral was yesterday and it was one of the saddest days of my life. They have had some hard times over the past couple of years, but never hard times with each other. His entire world revolved around her and I can't imagine the heart ache of losing your best friend. They loved each other more than life itself and I know he is hurting right now more than I will ever know.

My brother and I are only 15 months apart in age and I can't imagine being 26 years old and losing your wife. It makes petty little problems see so unimportant that I just can't stand it.

Laurie was only 32 years old. She graduated law school this past year and was dealing with a lot of stress in her life. I will remember her as a quiet, simple, and private person that loved her animals and my brother with everything she had.

Thank you mom for being there for Brandon. I do my best, but everyone knows that you comfort him the most. I know this is hard for you too and I'm always here to be strong for you both, if you need me.

Thank you Grandma Rose for your thoughtful words yesterday. After everything that the horrible reverend said about death, I am glad you were there to say what really needed to be said at Laurie's funeral.

1 comment:

Sally said...

To Nichole, Brandon, your family and the Lovelace family:

We are so saddened by your loss and extend our sincere sympathy to your families at this time. We will especially keep Brandon in our prayers at this time. Losing a love one so young is unimaginable. In our faith, we believe that families can be together forever and that Brandon and Laurie will have an opportunity reunite on the other side when that time comes. Although we know he will always hold a place for Laurie in his heart, we will pray he can live his life to its fullest until the day when he will see her again. We hope he can find some peace day by day.

Nichole, we're so sorry this happened and will be thinking of you as well. It is so hard to watch love ones go through heartache. You are a wonderful sister and support to Brandon and this tribute was beautiful.

Sincerely,
Sally