Thursday, March 12, 2009
Our Daughter
(Sally this post is for you). I am extremely jealous of people that know how to knit and crochet. At the time of our wedding our bedroom was blue, so Sally picked out yarn to match and went to work on what turned out to be one of our best wedding presents we received. However, a month later we had a daughter. Well, not really a daughter, but we treat her like our child. I'm sorry to say (sorry Sally) that Peanut claimed this blanket and will not give it up. She spends her days bundled up in it while we are at work. I can't imagine a more peaceful life than the life of a spoiled dog. Thanks Sally for our receiving blanket. It made our daughter feel right at home. (We got a new camera too, so I hope this picture looks good).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for posting this - I was LOL!! Peanut has this look in her eyes - "don't you dare take this blanket...don't even think about it." The picture is really worth a thousand words! Here's to Sally for making one special girl very happy. Gotta love those blankets - enjoy Peanut!
Oh - that makes me so VERY happy! I don't know if you noticed while you were here, but Baxter has his "own" crocheted blanket.
Here is its story. One day, I decided I should do something nice for my husband. After all, I crocheted a blanket for everyone else, so why not Greg? We picked out his favorite yarn - it was $5 a skein! But, he was worth it. Then, I wanted to make it extra fluffy, so I doubled the yarn - 20 skeins in all. It took about 6 months to make. life got busy, though and I didn't block it for another TWO years!
Finally, I finish it, block it and present it to Greg - a $100 hand-crocheted blanket just for HIM. Yea, Baxter claimed it in about one week. We joke that he owns the most expensive dog blanket EVER!
FYI - the blanket is currently covering our couch - we draped it over the cushions while we were gone, so the pug hair would stay on the blanket and not the couch. Yea, glad I spent the $100!
But, it makes them SO happy!!!!! :)The picture is just precious!
We have the blanket on our basement couch and curl up in it when we watch TV. Problem is Peanut gets mad when we take the blanket. She claims it, wraps herself all up in it, then sticks her little head out to see what's going on. When we take the blanket away and bring it back she starts wagging her tail like crazy...she just loves that thing!
Post a Comment