We went down to Baltimore to Jeff's uncle Jeff's house for the annual Burton Derby party. We went down on a Friday for the Derby talk and some pre derby day betting and spent the night. They all thought I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but I've been around Jeff, John and Jeff's friends enough to know how important the Derby is and how excited everyone gets. I don't know how close they come to the money each year, but uncle Jeff was sitting on some big money this year depending on the results. Let's just say, the race didn't turn out well. They had a superfecta bet with the horses that 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. Sadly the horse that finished 1st is a loser and nobody bet on him. I guess that's why it's so hard to bet a 20 horse field. I will say that those Burton Brothers clearly love each other and truly enjoy each other's company. Jeff's son is home safely from overseas and everyone was ecstatic to have him back. It was an experience and I'm sure we will probably do it again next year
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Derby Party
We went down to Baltimore to Jeff's uncle Jeff's house for the annual Burton Derby party. We went down on a Friday for the Derby talk and some pre derby day betting and spent the night. They all thought I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but I've been around Jeff, John and Jeff's friends enough to know how important the Derby is and how excited everyone gets. I don't know how close they come to the money each year, but uncle Jeff was sitting on some big money this year depending on the results. Let's just say, the race didn't turn out well. They had a superfecta bet with the horses that 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. Sadly the horse that finished 1st is a loser and nobody bet on him. I guess that's why it's so hard to bet a 20 horse field. I will say that those Burton Brothers clearly love each other and truly enjoy each other's company. Jeff's son is home safely from overseas and everyone was ecstatic to have him back. It was an experience and I'm sure we will probably do it again next year
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jeff-
Glad to see you made it back safely and got to enjoy some R & R with Dad! Too bad no one won any money. Those horses can come out of left field. How is little Miahgo doing anyway?
BTW, I called Dad him twice in the last couple weeks asking about his job and Debbie's dad, but he hasn't called back yet. How are things going? I was going to call again tonight, but it was 8pm by the time I got the kids settled and I think that 10pm is too late to call him. I'll try again tomorrow so Ethan can talk to Papa on his birthday.
Love you and glad to see your smiling face on the blog!
Post a Comment