Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day at Sea


The best part of vacation is not having to be anywhere at any certain time. The clocks on the ship actually said "does it really matter" across them. We woke up at 10 since this was our one and only day that we weren't going on an excursion early in the morning. We ate at the buffet breakfast and had pancakes, bacon, eggs, danish, homefries and apple juice/orange juice. I don't know exactly how fast the boat was going that first day, but it was fast enough that I was being blown around when I walked on the deck. It was beautiful weather, but very very windy all day. There were no chairs at the pool, so we had to sit along the pool for hours. We spent the entire day out by the pool. We didn't get a chair until 2:30! It was the one and only time I was frustrated on the 12 day vacation. There were contests out by the pool that day including a drink mixing contest which was pretty funny to watch. They also had salsa lessons which seemed like more fun to watch than to participate in. We had lunch at the poolside grille at 3:30 and continued to relax by the pool until 6:15.


Our room didn't have an iron which I guess is so the whole ship doesn't burn down from someone leaving an iron on, so Jeff "poor man steamed" his dress shirt in the shower as we got ready. We at in the Grand Pacific dining room that night at 8:15. We had a really nice waiter named Ben and got to sit near a window. I had beef teriyaki and Jeff had the chicken and mashed potatos. Jeff's dessert was pretty good. A lava cake covered in chocolate. My low fat cheesecake was terrible though.


Next we went to the spinnaker lounge, got a drink, and watched the Miss Norwegean Gem contest. The contest involved water balloons and relay races. The spinnaker lounge also had a pool table, darts, and table shuffle board. We stayed there until they crowned Miss Norwegean Gem. Next we caught some of the late show. It was more of a musical type show and Jeff and I could only sit through about 2 songs and then we went to get ice cream and take some pictures around the ship.

The next day was going to be our first stop. Valleta, Malta.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Ah- gotta love those lazy days. The ship is amazing and you guys did so much! You look awesome in your suit, too. I have no idea how you kept so trim with all that buffet food around - way to go willpower!