Georgia and I talked about doing something the weekend of the 4th, so I sent her a list of ideas that I had... picnic and games, Hershey Park, movies, bowling, mini golf, Laurel Lake, or a spa day. Guess which one caught her eye? So I called about 7 or 8 spas and they were either booked or closed for Friday the 3rd (when we wanted to do it). Finally, my Grandma Rose found one in Lemoyne that had available appointments for us. We met at 11 at the Heavenly Touch Day Spa and spent the next 3 hours relaxing. Georgia got a massage, facial and manicure. I got a massage, manicure, and pedicure. My Grandma Rose got her hair reverse highlighted. They did an excellent job and with all that hard work relaxing...we worked up quite an appetite. So we went to my favorite chain restaurant, Red Lobster. Georgia got steak, I got scallops and shrimp, and Grandma got steak and shrimp. And we all had biscuits, clam chowder, a salad, and baked potato, but who's counting, right? Then we headed to Boscovs for some shopping (for some reason I only bought things for Jeff) and we topped off the day with some Rita's Italian Ice. What a day, huh? It was so much fun. I don't spend money on myself like that often, so I'm really glad we did that. I'm really happy I could do that for them too because they both work really hard and they deserve to be pampered every once in a while. Good memory and I'm thinking we should make it a yearly tradition. Georgia said it will just get bigger and bigger every year. Next year it will be a girls night away, then a whole weekend, and before you know it, we will be checking in for a full week at some spa resort. Hey, live life, right? Maybe next year, Jeff's sisters will come.
1 comment:
Oh that sounds WONDERFUL! I was just talking to Greg about how all the Burton side should do a cruise someday, but we could work up to it. :) I have always wanted to go to a spa. It looks like you guys had an awesome time!
Post a Comment