Monday, July 13, 2009

MLB Home Run Derby

It's just after 11 pm and Major League Baseball's Home Run Derby just ended. There was one moment that I really liked and I have it on DVR. Maybe I'll use a converter to get it off the TV at some point (for higher quality), but for now I just took a video of it with my camera. I'm sure it will show up elsewhere on the 'net. The DVR location bar at the bottom is annoying and cuts some of the video off, but I think you'll catch the essence of what I was trying to capture.

First, sweet catch by the kid; he reached over the railing to snatch it. This was a monster shot into the upper deck by Nelson Cruz, the eventual runner-up. Second, I love the pure joy on the kid's face. Third, when I watched it back the dad thought it went by....you can just hear (imagine) the kid saying "I caught it!!" and his dad going "YOU CAUGHT IT!?!?" Finally, nothing better than just being kids together - hugging and jumping up and down. Cool.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Ok -I am a total bawl baby. I watched that like 10 times and I made Greg come watch it three times. The other part I loved was the guy with the glove who shook his head because he didn't get it, but he didn't bowl the kid over diving for it. And the other guy who just missed it by an inch was shaking his head, by in the end he was clapping and cheering for the kid who caught it.

Really, a feel good type of moment - and they will always have it on tape!

BTW, the quality was great.

Sally said...

Oh, and the freeze frame of the kids' face at the end!

Sally said...

Oh, and I wondered if the Dad was thinking, "Yea, go for it, son." and thinking, "Ah, he doesn't stand a chance against all the taller guys around him" But, look at THAT!

Nichole said...

He looks like you Jeff....