Saturday, October 3, 2009

Update

Wow, September just flew by! It seems like Nichole and I did so much during the month. I'm exhausted! Here are some of the things we, errr, I did since Nichole's last update. I'll post some details about them individually later.
  • We went to Arooga's Bar & Grille to watch the first week of football with a bunch of my friends! Arooga's has some good food and a nice setup, so I had a good time watching the games there. Nichole and I were all decked out in our Ravens gear.
  • The next week I was in Chicago for a couple days on business. For the first time I decided to take the rail system from O'Hare airport to downtown Chicago. Usually I just jump in a taxi, but due to the distance and horrible traffic, it usually runs around $40 one way. The rail is only $2.25. I took the blue line in from O'Hare and I think I actually saved some time going that route. If you ever end up touring Chicago, I suggest looking up the rail system if you want to save a few bucks. My experience was uneventful so props to public transportation.
  • Friday of that week I drove my friends out to Philly (thanks mom and Nichole for helping with the vehicle situation!) and we went out for some food and drinks. Saturday morning, 9/19 my friends and I flew out to Vegas and we stayed until Tuesday, 9/22.
  • Nichole was sick while I was gone. Unfortunately, after being back for just 2 days I got sick and had to call off a day of work (Friday). Since Nichole and I were both sick, we just rested up on Saturday because Sunday we had tickets to see the Ravens play the Browns at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore.
  • Sunday we went to the Ravens game!!! Ravens 34, Browns 3!!!
  • I had Monday off for annual leave, but I was actually still sick also. It was good to stay home and rest, but my rest was interrupted by the Verizon guy. We switched from Comcast to Verizon Fios and the installation took 4 hours!!! So far, I love Verizon Fios TV/Internet/Phone. I think it blows Comcast away in terms of quality.
  • Then it was back to the grind. On Wednesday morning I had to travel to Boston for work. I was in Boston Wednesday and returned Thursday night.
I'm back home and ready to rest!! Oh yeah, earlier this month we also picked out a kitchen sink and faucets to match the countertops that Nichole selected. Maybe you'll start to see some kitchen remodeling pictures soon....

No comments: