Saturday, October 17, 2009

Kitchen Update

Sorry we haven't been on top of the blogs that much lately. This is worth a blog though. We just had Preston install our new Cambria counters yesterday. Here's a before and after. It's not really fair b/c the before pic was taken at night and the after pic was taken in natural sunlight, but you get the point. They were more expensive than we wanted to go, but we are happy with how they look. Doing one thing makes me feel like I need to do more. Now we need a back splash, we need to paint, and I would like hardwood floors. I don't think that will all happen this year, but eventually. I love them. Jeff's doing a good job pretending that he's interested, but I bet he wishes we just put that money in our IRA accounts instead.


2 comments:

Sally said...

That looks AWESOME - and I had to laugh because it was really close to what we almost went with for our last house. I was just talking to Greg last night and replacing the granite (not that we ever would in this house), but you know, if we won the lottery. The black is just SO heavy. I love the light color AND the white cabinets. They give it SUCH an open feeling. I'm sure the $$ would be great in the IRAs, but you don't EAT off the IRAs and they don't make you smile every time you walk in the door. :)

Becky and Jimmy said...

Looks great! I love the colors...you guys have great taste. :)