Monday, November 23, 2009

Mom's door

Well, Johnny and I attempted to install Mom's "new" screen door for her porch. I say "new" because we gave her a gift card for her birthday in August to pick out a door. She has had the door since September, but we just haven't had a good weekend to install it. I thought the door would have pre-drilled holes on it and even the handle already attached - but I was wrong. Johnny and I aren't too handy, which is a massive understatement, so using a drill, saw and a bunch of other tools was a daunting task.
We managed to get the old door off and got the new one on. We're still having trouble with getting the button on the handle to work right, so over Thanksgiving weekend I'm going to give it another go. Also, it's a little snug to shut so who knows how I'm going to fix that one. Johnny and I had to give up because we spent like 7 hours on it. Crazy, huh? Oh yeah, and the instructions must have been written by a foreign person because the English was broken and it didn't make one ounce of sense. We basically just started drilling and cutting and pieced stuff together...I wonder if that's why we have some extra pieces leftover....

3 comments:

Sally said...

It looks good from what I can see! I can't see the pictures any bigger, but it looks GOOD!

Becky and Jimmy said...

You are so funny Jeff! The door seems to be working just fine. Good job guys!

Becky and Jimmy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.