Due to a fraud of an Easter egg hunt a few years ago (involving multiple cheaters), a fierce competition has been a brewing among the Burton siblings. In an effort to achieve the ultimate unbiased egg hunt, all Burton siblings competing were asked to go to WalMart while the eggs were hidden by skilled professionals. Upon the Burton sibling return, they were greeted at the car and given instructions to search the entire outside of the house, the living room, and dining room...little did they know that 32 of the outside eggs were camouflage and hidden impeccably well.
The competitive nature of the Burton's shone bright on this sunny Saturday in April. There were a few shoves, many sprints to visible eggs, a stolen egg or two, gloating, and obscene amounts of taunting.
Upon first count, Johnny had Jeff beat by 4 eggs while the girls trailed closely behind. The pressure was on when they learned that over 15 eggs remained and every second counted. I have to say as an outsider that this was the moment when sheer experience and skill kicked into overdrive. Jeff became a man on a mission. Over the course of the next 5 minutes Jeff collected a whopping 10 eggs compared to Johnny's 2, Bonnie's one and Becky's two. It was as if all the preparation came together for the most perfect moment in time when the egg hunting skills became instinct over rational behavior.
As the three other Burton's hung their heads in sorrow, Jeff reveled in his glory. Final count: Jeff 33, Johnny 29, Becky 23, Bonnie 18.
*Side note* Missing Burton Sally could not be present. This is a significant side note due to the fact that every Burton child knows the oldest is the smartest and most competitive. Would the results have been the same? Maybe/maybe not. The day will come....Burton's prepare.
3 comments:
AWESOME! I love this post. Thanks to the way you told the story, I can just picture the scene - pure franticness - is that a word? :) I can't WAIT to be there. Jeff, prepare to meet your match! I am the ULTIMATE egg finder. After all, I have experience on my side :).
Love you guys -happy easter! Thanks for posting these pictures, Nichole - they are great. And thanks for being awesome enough to stay married to Jeff AND allow him to be crazy.
Sally, my camera went crazy during the hunt, but I did manage to save a few videos. Some of them malfunctioned and can't be read anymore, but I will post the video once Jeff shrinks it for me. Luckily the one I have saved is of Becky running Jeff over and then stealing his egg....you'll love it!
Love the pictures and the narrative! Great job Nichole!
Post a Comment