Wednesday, July 21, 2010

VACATION

First stop, Durham, NC. Friday 7/9, Jeff and I hit the road around 8:15am and drove to Becky and Jimmy's house. While there we got to see Aurora's "what do you do when there's a fire" trick, help Becky organize the baby's room, get real down south BBQ, and visit with the soon to be parents. Jimmy essentially finished the last of the edits on his book which I'm sure is a huge relief and all seems to be well in the Adams household.

The next morning, we were off at 8:15 again. Neither of us have ever been to Myrtle Beach before, and I have to say that I did a fantastic job picking a place for the little I knew about Myrtle. We stayed in south Myrtle Beach on Ocean Blvd and 27th St. at Sun N' Sand Resort. The area was so close to all the action at night, but the beach wasn't crowded at all. It was an ocean front condo, so all we had to do was take our stuff right out the private beach front access and there we were. It was really convenient all week b/c it only took 5 minutes to go back to the room for lunch or the bathroom or whatever. The beach was clean, the room was nice, the waves weren't too huge, and the weather was clear most of the week.


While in Myrtle we ate at some great restaurants including El Cerro Grande (amazing Mexican restaurant), Kono's Japanese steak house, Sharkey's, Boardwalk Bills, and Tripps. I think we ate in two nights. We also got Sonic at 2:30 in the morning one night and had ice cream at least twice.

We went mini golfing at the Jungle Lagoon. Jeff swears I must have been there before b/c I got 4 hole in ones. Actually it's 5 if you count when I knocked his and mine in on the last hole and got 2 free games! Jeff gave the free games to a family with kids later in the week. Needless to say I won. I think I only won by 3 or 4 though, so I guess it was the hole in ones that made the difference.





We also went out dancing one night at a few bars that were at "Broadway at the Beach." I liked Froggy Bottomz the best b/c they had a pretty good live band that was playing a good variety of music.


Other than that we decided to take it easy on this vacation. We rented a few movies from Red Box, went to the boardwalk one night, and just enjoyed being off work for a week! It was a really good way to spend our 5th anniversary week! I think every couple needs a week away with just the two of them every single year.

LOVE YOU JEFF! HAPPY 5 YEARS!!

2 comments:

Becky and Jimmy said...

Congrats on 5 wonderful years! I sure did love having you visit - thanks for stopping in and helping me out. You guys are the BEST!!

Sally said...

Sounds heavenly! I'm glad you got to celebrate and relax! Maybe we can all do a trip one day. You'll have to plan it and pick the accommodationa because that view was killer! Loved all the pictures on FB.