Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Day



So on Christmas morning, Jeff came into our room dressed like this (above). He asked me "do I look okay"....ummmm, yeah, I had to go change. He wasn't going to out do me! Doesn't he look sharp?

I'm thankful we have family close so we are able to have 3 meals cooked for us on Christmas Day! (Okay, and it's really nice to see family for the holidays too). It's a lot of running around, but it's worth it. First stop was dad's house to see Dad, Jeanne, Grammie, pap, aunt Michele, uncle Mike, cousin Collin, Jeanne's mom Sallie, Jeanne's step dad Nevin, and Jeanne's brother Joe.
Then we headed over to the Burton's house to see Georgia, Bonnie, Johnny, Becky, Aurora, and most importantly Jude. He's so much bigger now and we just saw him at Thanksgiving. He's such a good baby and he is now a Raven's fan...I wonder where he gets that from? Smart kid! We were able to skype with Sally and see all of the presents Ethan and Katie got. Hungry Hippo seemed to be a hit for Katie and Ethan got so many things that seemed cool. Hopefully those presents keep them busy for a while.
Last stop was my mom's to see her, Grandma Rose, Pappy Jim, Brandon, Great Aunt Peg, mom's cousin Dianne, Dianne's husband Jeff and their daughter Sara. I forgot my camera for this last stop (even though Becky said "don't forget your camera" as we walked out the door).

We had sooooo many presents to carry in when we got home. Every year we tell people not to get us as much as last year, but I don't think anyone listens. My mom got me a really nice coat that I love and got Jeff new Razors along with an assortment of little things. Grammie Barb got us new towels, a grill cover (ours has blown away 3 times), a decorative flag holder for outside (and 2 flags), a chili's gift card, a yankee candle and money. My dad and Jeanne got me shutterfly gift cards, a James Patterson book, Raven's ornaments, and as a 1/2 joke gift; a box of baby stuff with a note that said "Just sayin." As if I wasn't already aware that my family is dying for a grandchild! They got Jeff Raven's gloves, a new Raven's hat, and the blue-ray Zombieland. Becky and Jimmy got Jeff a skin-it for his computer (Raven's of course) and she got me a really nice photo album with some pics already inside. Grandma Rose and Pappy Jim got Jeff Halo Reach and got me The Office season 6. My favorite presents are probably the pans and cutco knives from Georgia. Jeff got me a goodie box full of great things, tons of new underwear, a new camera case, and a personalized desk calendar with photos of us. I got him the blue ray of Inception, really nice sunglasses, a Johnny Cash cd, and a NFL standings tracker (it comes with little helmets you move each week). I literally cannot imagine what Christmas will be like when we have children. We will end up having to make 2 trips to Carlisle to get everything home! Insanity!

Thank you to everyone for all of the great gifts and great company on Christmas.






2 comments:

Sally said...

I love the new blog background! Your Christmas pictures are just precious. You guys make a sharp couple. I can't believe how you make it around to everyone. We sure enjoyed skyping with you. It sounds like you got a lot of coll stuff. I laughed at the baby basket - that is AWESOME! :) Glad to see you had a good time!

Becky and Jimmy said...

What a wonderful Christmas! It was so great to see you bothand of course Jude loves his new outfit and bib! I loved your Christmas attire too..you guys are awesome!