Then we zipped over to the mall and picked up a couple of last minute presents. We bought Johnny a plain baby blue hat and then customized it with his initials "JMB" on the back and a royal flush of cards on the front. We thought it would be a cool thing for him to wear when he plays poker and hopefully it gets him in the zone!
The birthday party at Mom Burton's house was a good time. Johnny came back from Utah. Becky came home from North Carolina. Dad Burton came up from Maryland. Nichole and I came out of hiding from Harrisburg and Bonnie B. managed to fight off her friends for the evening to stick around. PLUS, Sally joined us via Skype videoconferencing!
Sally and Ethan sang for us via the video call and we even blew out a candle they were holding! Sally "virtually" sat with us throughout dinner, dessert, while opening presents, and while we sat around and chatted. It was great to have everyone together.
Nichole gave me a bunch of presents. I won't run through the list of everything but it was all perfect. My family also bought me some unique, thoughtful gifts. I appreciate the thought that went into each card and gift they gave to me.
In other news, I'm studying for Level II of the CFA. I don't feel prepared at all at this point. Work is going well and I received a favorable performance review. I'm determined to keep learning at work and will just continue to put out the best work that I can. All three of my business trips went off without a hitch in March. I went to Miami twice and NYC once. I made some good connections. Nichole is looking as beautiful as ever. She has been taking care of everything around the house on top of working through busy season. Peanut has been chillen' and soakin' up the good times here. She can sit, sit pretty, spin, lay down, roll over, shake with both paws, and wait patiently before taking any food. She has now expanded her skill set to "staying". What a smart little doggie!
3 comments:
Awesome post, Jeff! I loved seeing the pictures - you guys all look great. I was so happy to be a part of the entire evening. It felt like I was really there. What fun!
I'm glad you had a special and fun birthday. I can't believe you've never been to an Olive Garden- pretty good, huh? I've now had two massages (both gifts from Greg for V-Day and a B-day) and they are divine, aren't they? Now you're living! All your presents looked great, too. Classy! Nichole does such a good job of thinking of gifts for people. She got you some nice stuff.
I'm glad tax season is almost over for her, so she can stop ordering Peanut around to do the laundry :). I didn't see "fold and put away the laundry" on Peanut's list of tricks, but I'm sure it's on there somewhere. She's still cute as ever and Nichole looks great! We love and miss you both. Thanks for doing all the legwork so I could be a part of the evening!
Post a Comment