Jeff is impressed with our new camera. I loved our last camera (A Sony cybershot 7.2 megapixel), but I dropped it on vacation and the flash hasn't worked since. We had a circuit city credit card that we used to buy our TV two years ago and we've been using it ever since to get the rewards points. When we heard the news about them going under, Jeff quickly cashed in the points for our gift card. We also just got back a rebate on our new cell phones and had a gift card from that too. We went into Circuit City the night before they closed forever and bought the last Panasonic Lumix 10x zoom 9 megapixel camera that they had. It was originally $350 (it's only $300 at Walmart), but we got it for 50% off, plus our gift cards...so we only paid $60 out of pocket. It's a really nice camera so far and it even has clear video on it. We are thinking that it was an essential buy for our vacation this summer, so I'm very pleased with the price. I still want to get the flash fixed on our other camera to have around as a back up, but I bet it will cost a lot to have someone take it apart to fix it.
Here is Jeff's first attempt at a video (we had to compress it to upload so sorry if the quality is sub par). This is by far, not the best she can do, but I wasn't home to hold the camera and I think that made it harder for her to concentrate on him with a camera in his hand. She's so good at these tricks and Jeff can take all the credit for that. I guess I'll take care of our kids and he will teach them things...
4 comments:
Oh my goodness- that is the best quality video I have ever seen on a blog! We bought a video camera a little while ago and it was $80, but it is horrible and now I'm wishing we sprung for the good one because memories and moments only come around once - like these! Holy cow, Jeff. I laughed SO hard. The gun trick was my favorite by far. Baxter has never learned to roll over to this day.
Nichole, I would only leave Jeff with the kids if you want to come home to Jeff going "Spin, spin, spin" as he holds cookies in his hands. :) Don't worry, if your kids are anything like our kids, they both sat on the floor and opened their mouths when they wanted food - they learn by example. :)
P.S. AWESOME DEAL ON THE CAMERA, TOO!
I'll try to post a better video of her tricks soon. This was just a camera test. Peanut learns so quickly it is fun to teach her new things. She learned "bang" in 3 tries!
I love our new digital camera. The 10x zoom is awesome. Nichole didn't mention the 3" LCD screen on the back either. It's a monster.
Whoa! I have GOT to look that up. It sounds sweet. The kids are growing too fast and I need to capture it on tape!
Post a Comment